this remix is soooooo good not knocking the original because Laura Mvula
from London has an amazing voice and its soulful to the max, but this remix for me kinda takes you on a journey from ambient to funky house to chilled dubstep(when i say chilled it’s not screaming in your face like dubstep does) and her vocals fit these genres so well. the song has and effortless approach to it where it can take you on this journey of musical discovery.
this style of remix is what Silent Rider actually make its a three-way genre fusion of indie-electro-chillstep, it’s this that makes Silent Rider work with thier own music or if it’s a remix of someone else’s, this group are from Brooklyn, U.S.
Laura Mvula’s album Sing under the moon is out now, go and get it.
- Laura Mvula – She (Robin Hannibal of Rhye Rework) [HQ Audio] (miamiswamp.wordpress.com)
- Laura Mvula at the Tia Maria Music Room (biancaroach.wordpress.com)
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’ (mix1065fm.cbslocal.com)
- New Music: Mount Kimbie, Laura Mvula, Jagwar Ma, More (wnyc.org)
- Laura Mvula On World Cafe (wnyc.org)